Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

But You Are Chosen

Chosen.
This word carries behind in it the power to root my confidence like nothing else around.
The fact that we were born for a purpose, and then chose treason, seems to have been lost on the Powers that Be. It isn’t really, but let’s just say the story would probably have been different if that power had been you or me.
He doubles back on His creation-newly-turned-antagonists, and says through promise and action,

I made you. I lost you. I choose you. I’ll buy you.

Have you ever stopped to think that if He had me you or me, throbbing with the power to create, and with an indominable hatred for sin, and an eternal love for things beautiful, He would’t have chosen? He might have just started clean over, and let the new planet learn from the old?

Yeah, but He isn’t. He’s not like you or me at all. He Is...

And therefore, He chose.

I choose too.
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.


2 comments:

  1. Yes.... Love that word and needed this reminder. He has -chosen-.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loved me so much he chose me! I must make sure that on a daily basis, first thing in the morning that I chose him! Every second of the day choose him. Thank you for sharing you have learned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...