Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Because We Love the Songs You Love. [Next CD Project]

Quiet, I watch jays and juncos flutter through freshly fallen snow in search of seed.
I hear in their contented chirps a song I've been learning over months of treasure hunts my own--

His way is peace... and perfect freedom.

I heard the same thing in the summer when the birds sang at dusk as well as dawn
(We've got a few lessons to learn.)

We do a fair bit of singing in this house. (epic understatement.)
And not because it's always sunny... 
It's because it fills our sails for the storm. 

Actually, when we're all together on one level, 2 minutes is often the most we go between snatches of some sonnet.
And that is grace to us... Because we also often feel like we're sailing high seas in half a cider barrel a piece. 

Oh, we've swallowed our share of salt water to be sure... 
But we're learning to laugh at the waves. 

And somehow, these cider barrels are proving unsinkable.

But see, that's why the song means so much to us...
_ _ _

So we've got a question. Next month marks a year since I Cannot Tell was tracked in our basement studio. And next month, we will be recording again... We've got a list of songs our hearts love to sing, but we want to hear the list your hearts love.

And they could be songs you've heard us sing, or favorites we've never heard before...

Just do one of three things. :)

1.)  Comment on this blogpost with your requests/suggestions
2.)  Post a comment in Google+ with the same (if you're reading from there)
3.)  Drop us an email at thenebblettfamily[at]gmail[dot]com

As a little thank you, we'll put your names in a hat and when the CD is done in a few months time, we will give away a dozen copies. 






34 comments:

  1. Hello

    I wanted to ask if your next CD was going to have a theme? What will you sing about?

    Prea

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a hymn it would have to be "I'd Rather Have Jesus"
    And for another, I really appreciate the words of "In Christ Alone". (different than the contemporary version) Its sung by Way of Life Trio... here's the link to it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arqfLI963Ec&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come, Ye Sinner's and O, holy night with Natasha singing.(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for years for "My Life is in Your Hands", please!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. I can't decide between three. I guess you'll get three suggestions! "Until Then", "Higher Ground", and "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all!
    @Mrs. L: This CD won't have a theme, it will be another family CD of our (your) favorite songs/hymns. :)
    @Aunt Eva: Yours is a definite go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the Daul Family: "God and God Alone," "Sunlight On The Hill Top" (it's an old hymn, and one of Ellen White's favorite hymns), and "It Was For Me".
    From Kitten: Definitely, "My Life is in Your Hands"!!! I'm not sure what it's called but I like the one the has the verse in it that says "You Are Bread and Life That Fills Me."

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breath on Me Breath of God. We loved the arrangement that you did at GYC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm...what a hard choice! :) I have to say I echo a lot of the others thoughts, but I'm always one for a new song...so I would love to hear one of the new ones you've written. Maybe the one you sang when you were here...(if you remember :D) The one you said was the "least Seany one you've ever written". Just a thought... This is fun to be able to give some imput! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "What Heavenly Music," "Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken," "No Night There," "Just Over the Mountains," "And Can It Be," "A Mighty Fortress," "How Great Thou Art," "Live out Thy Life Within Me," "Nearer, Still Nearer," "Marching to Zion," "Soldiers of Christ, Arise," "I'm a Pilgrim" ... just a few of many favorites of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just one - Thank you Lord. In case you haven't heard it here is a link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScxSnEeq3U&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI SEAN, I THINK (HIGHER GROUND) IS A VERY PRETTY SONG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my very favorites is "Find Us Faithful."

    ReplyDelete
  15. "May the Lord Find Us Faithful" (The Wilds) and "A Passion for Thee" (Fountainview Academy's original CD)are my two favorite songs; your family would do a lovely job at either. "Cheif of Sinner" or "Come, Christians Join to Sing" as hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh also I like the song "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord." :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can hear you all singing "Ye Who Rose to Meet the Lord." I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rejoice Greatly;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hm…this is a hard one. I love so many songs I've heard you all sing. I do have to agree that it would be nice to have a real recording of "My Life is In Your Hands" We listen to the un-real recording of it and it'd be so nice to have it done. Some of the traditional SDA hymns "I saw one weary" or the other one by Annie Smith. "I Must Tell Jesus" "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" …I'll have to think more on this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sean, The first one that came to my mind was "It was for Me"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! I'd like to second one that Laura said too!! "I Must Tell Jesus" is one of my all time favorites!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Will Go
    [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_hmGbbqmxA&feature=related ]

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will add that I do like the original songs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like "There is a Candle" and "Holy Ground" :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, "There is a Candle" might really be called "Go Light Your World"...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like
    "Have thine own way lord"
    "Day by Day"
    "Unfailing love" Evie Torquist- The piano on this one is very nice too.
    "Fill My Cup, Lord"

    ReplyDelete
  27. If you could sing "Higher Ground" in your next CD I think it would be a huge blessing to many people, as that song has been to me.

    And if i was to think of another one, i would have to say, a song you have composed yourself.

    Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You've blessed us.
    Now to decide... :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope its not too late my fav song since coming in to the church 5 yrs ago has been and continues to be. I surrender all simply because every time its sung I am reminded of one of the purposes of the christian life to be totally surrendered in other words to be Crusci"fixed" to do only what pleases the Father and just like a dead man stay dead so Christ can be glorified
    Thy brother "Luther"who ever prays for thee

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't help but add these: Fill My Cup Lord and As Water to the Thirsty :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...