Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thy Thoughts Towards Me


"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand..." 
Psalms 139:17-18
Crashing waves on endless beaches always do something moving in my soul. 
For the larger God looms, the less I fear my problems.
And God grows at the beach in my little mind. By virtue of sheer volume of sand; sheer power of water.
If you don't understand me, go count the grains in a teaspoon of sand from the neighbor kid's sandbox.
My long silence has had to do with crossing the United States by car. (then back again). The trip is only half done... But one of the highlights was certainly gathering on the beach at AMEN conference with the surgeons, physicians, dentists, and PHDs and their little ones building sand sculptures from the bible.
You've never watched anything like it...



6 comments:

  1. I completely agree… the beach always draws my heart to God. His incredible power revealed in the waves and other elements causes me to stop and wonder… how great a God is our God…

    Btw, what was Joshua building? The tower of Babel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. There is no place where God can speak to my heart, calm my fears, and put my focus where it should be, as out in His creation. It is hard to imagine that God's thoughts toward us are greater than the number of the sand! By the way, that looks like a LOT of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where were you guys? I totally agree about the beach! We just went over and spent two days on the Outer Banks for KT's Birthday and it totally revived me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilton Head Island, SC. Revived is a good word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed:) Hope you had (are having?) a good time with the Steffens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just scanning your old blog posts... And this one made me smile :)

    Either is subconsciously coppied you or we are much more alike than I thought - http://believethepromises.blogspot.com/2011/11/gold-in-sand.html ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...