Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lingering at Sunset...


Sunset. 

My favorite color.
(That'll be on a quiz someday. :))

Few things stop me dead in my tracks more quickly or rivet my soul more completely than God's fingerprints across the western sky.

I always, always linger...

And if I'm compelled to tear my gaze away before the color is gone, my heart lingers. My heart sings...

Sometimes there's a twinge of loss too... After all, the day is gone.
But there's so much to be thankful for.


Well, I watched a "sunset" today.
The last teenager in our house turned 20.

And my heart is lingering. 

Our day started early-- or late yesterday, as the case may be. I got my first "Happy Birthday!" in way before you were awake this morning between blasts of my siren at herd after herd of obtuse elk on the highway.

But it's been a happy day...

Happiest because of the joy we find in a God Who is faithful. . . and sister and daughter who is following where He leads.
And also happy because in the gather darkness that necessarily accompanies a sunset, we have begun to learn things we never could have learned in the light. 

The next dawn is still shrouded in mystery.

But we're all-out excited.

Excited about the altars that await us...
And the promises that sustain us.
And the joy of Jesus being All Sufficient.


It seems I'm seeing more sunsets in life of late...
Saying more goodbyes to yesterday.
But that's ok.

The stars are coming out now.



we kinda went "all out" this year, and planned a once-in-a-lifetime surprise party with beloved friends and neighbors...

Chantée's brainchild, the product of several girls' culinary art and creativity.



Thanks for loving Jesus, sweet girl...


All photos: © Joshua Nebblett



9 comments:

  1. Aw! Happy Birthday to Sweet Natasha!! Give her a big hug for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the new dawn this sweet girl brings will be just as awe-inspiring as her sunset... She has touch so many lives already... including mine. Oh I wish I could have been there to celebrate with her. Please deliver a hug from me, and tell her I want to have some talk time in three weeks. :) Blessings on your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photos! (tell Josh for me). And even better I like the memories! That was such fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Natasha!! May this year bring greater victories and more blessings than ever before! We love you!! :)

    Thanks for the pictures Sean. I agree, sunset is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Please tell Natasha happy birthday for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natasha - Happy Birthday!
    @Sean - compelling entry
    @Josh - great capture (I especially like the light in the last one)
    @Chantée - beautiful brainchild

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thanks so much for the pictures! I'm glad to see Tasha had such a special 20th... she's worth every bit of it! :) Give her a big hug from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday sweet girlie! I'm so glad I got to meet you.

    Beautiful post, Sean. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunsets rival with sunrises for being my favorite colors. It looks like your family had a great birthday time! I am glad to have found your blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...