Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

God is Good... [And the year in photos]

God is good.
Oh, so good.
That’s my theme song these days... 
My feet are finally “back to normal,” (after the miles logged in dress shoes in Baltimore :)) but my heart has only started singing. 
Though GYC flew by in somewhat of a blur, God still found ways to articulate His grace to me... Sometimes through thunderous throng, sometimes through stunning silence... 
Every time, right when I most needed a hand to hold. 
When a third of us flew home on a few hours notice partway through to be with my dying grandfather, that’s when grace swept me right off my feet, in more ways than one. It still makes my heart warm to think about it. 
He used sandwiches. One offered, and one bought for me even though I thought I wasn’t hungry. He used a 120-voice choir on its knees. He used the tears in a stranger’s eyes when she said how she’d been blessed. He used Elder Wilson’s compassionate words and prayers. He used the sound of 5,500 voices coming towards me during closing song. He used the prayer room. He used my amazing committee members. He used my little sister’s head resting on my shoulder. He used three hundred smiles from strangers, a “picnic” lunch with old friends and new faces, a solid vote of confidence...
And he used my own weakness. 
Yes, God is good. 
Oh thank You, Your Grace...
Do it again next year. 

___________________________________
For those of you with interest in getting a taste of our year in photos... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...