Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Brightest Stars...

Sitting on the futon in my office wrapped in a blanket, and staring out glass french doors at the birth of another frosty morning, I am intrigued--
One by one the lights of heaven --suns burning bright and hot in their places lifetimes away-- go out. The promise of another blue sky reaching farther and farther west washes them from remembrance, at least for today.
But one remains. It’s not the largest, hottest, or whitest... In fact, it’s not a star. 
But that’s ok. It’s the brightest.
Now my eyes and my heart turn back to my office, my morning, my life.
There are plenty of “bright stars” in life’s night sky. 
But those who shine brightest and longest have no light of their own. They’re simply reflectors. 
We’re no stars anyway!
But that’s ok. As long as He can shine brightest through us...
“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure... That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.
Philippians 2:13, 15



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sean. Wow! I'm going to need to remember that this weekend. I've got to be reflecting Heaven's love and joy on my face to all I meet. And if I'm reflecting, that means I must be turned towards what I'm reflecting, for I must have it first, before I can reflect it to someone else...A satellite? That reminds me of our GPS. Must have the directions yourself before you can give them. :)

    Emily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Sean. The same lesson has hit me so many times. Oh, to perfectly reflect His character. . .

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...