Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Too many gods...

Until His opinion is all that matters, we’re in danger of self-destruction...

Read Isaiah 19. God didn’t have to do anything! He just showed up on the scene riding a chariot of clouds, and things started happening. Most notably, the multitudinous idols started rattling off of their foundations. 
The next verse says it all... (v.2) With their gods losing their footing, the men start losing their minds. Now they’re literally at each other’s throats, no more decency, no more familyness, no more patriotism.
When gods move, men move. 
That’s not so scary for a professing follower of Christ, like myself, until I remember little things like my opinion. I need not even make a case for how easy it is to idolize it... (Especially when it is right!) Just let somebody rattle it to it’s foundation and see what happens. Oh, and I can be totally civil, and pleasant throughout without much effort... But inside...later...
I fear even serious Christians act like desperate Egyptians sometimes...
But there is in this story a beautiful Ray of Glory... And a simple lesson for those who want to live an unrattled life...
Choose one God. And choose One that can’t be rattled...
I’ll say it again. 
Until His opinion is all that matters, we’re in danger of self-destruction...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...